Colour e-book readers!!!Tech ·
No, this is nothing about the iPad. Take a look at this link.
What do you think? Pretty nice in my opinion. Not a huge amount of information about it yet, and I’m assuming it’ll take longer to actually get over here to britain. But it shows that my perfect e-book reader is getting closer and closer.
Looks beautiful doesn’t it. The screen looks amazing. I’d have to see it in real life, but it looks like it could be as good as OLED. And in that case, it would be much better because OLED is rubbish in sunlight, e-ink is nicer on the eyes, and e-ink lasts much much longer.
It also is a really nice size. 13.1 inches is amazing for an ebook reader (about the size of an A4 piece of paper), and look at the size of that border, it is tiny! None of this 7″ screen with 2″ either side of border. Well played. It also has wifi and 3G connectivity, although no details on what networks you can use with it.
A couple of things I want to know about this:
- Battery life. How does colour change the battery life? Is it much shorter?
- Refresh rate. How fast is it? Fast enough for video?
- Video. Related to the last one, can it play video?
- Content. Are there any content providers with this? What can I view on it? Can I view pdfs and epuds?
- UK availability. It only says that it will be available in “Q2″, which I assume is just in US.
- Price. There are no details on price at all.
So, all in all, this looks like a really really nice device that I would love to get my hands on. It has note-taking abilities, so it includes almost everything I want in an ereader. Maybe this is the device I will finally buy. Or maybe not…