Interesting news of the week: Open-touchTech ·
Thought I would do another blog post with lots of exciting tech news. So, here is what I’ve been seeing over the past few days.
- Amazon buys “TouchCo”. Touchscreen kindle in the works? One might wonder if they are going to be using this company for just that. The other question, however, is “If it is made, when will it be available in Britain?”
- Symbian is officially opensource. Symbian^2 (previously S60) is now open-source. It turns out the #symbiancountdown was the number of packages left until Symbian was totally open source. Well done Symbian. Now you need to step up and make sure than Symbian^3 is amazing and it better really step up and do what Symbian^2 hasn’t done. It needs to do a lot to be any good.
- JooJoo near launch. Fixes lots of problems that would make you not want an iPad (except the price).
- With or without you: Arm Ceo to Microsoft. The market will grow with or without Windows arm support. Good news for linux?
- Sonic 4 in production. A blast from the past, in high definition. Thats right, Sonic 4 is being made and will be available in the summer on PS3, xbox and wii. On PS3 and Xbox it will be in 1080p. Thats great!!!
- Apple yet again show how pathetic they are, by turning down an app because it is “not interesting enough”.
So, theres just a few bits of random news that I thought I would share with people. Have a great weekend guys!