Google IO predictionsTech ·
So, as most of you will probably know, Google I/O kicks off in roughly 4.5 hours, with the Tuesday keynote. And, as I like to predict things, I thought I would do a Google I/O prediction list. What I either think will happen, or things that I hope will be announced. Let me know in the comments what else you think will happen.
- Google Music released (don’t think it’ll be released in the UK though, just a feeling).
- Google Voice will be released outside the US, probably to only a few countries. Depends where they have managed to get deals with carriers…
- Honeycomb 3.1 released, and open sourced. Its about time that honeycomb is open sourced, and I think they have many things they want to fix with a new update.
- First peek at Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which will finally unify the tablet and phone interfaces. It’ll be awesome.
- Google TV 2. It’ll be much more user friendly and actually usable. I also think they will start to push towards gaming on it as well. It runs android…so why not?
- We will see the first mentions of Google Me. It won’t necessarily be a specific social initiative, but mainly the cleaning up of all their fragmented and crap social stuff currently, and a new interface to profiles (which is what they will called Google Me),
- Google will start tying together Google chat (with voice and video) with Google voice, to be a skype competitor. Now that Microsoft have bought skype…
- A bunch of awesome Honeycomb apps for tablets.
- Final release of Chrome OS will be announced, or will be actually at the event. Not sure which, but certanarily 1 of them. Also, launch partners will be announced. Google still firmly believes they need Chrome OS.
- Google docs, Gmail, etc will all get offline storage via html5 offline.
And these are my predictions. Some of them are obvious, some are a little bit dodgy, and a few are totally insane. Let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas. Also, yes…I am a Google fanboy, I know this thanks.